Saturday, April 14, 2012

Isn't It Ironic?

This week we eagerly anticipated Thursday as I was going to the doctor to have my 20 week ultrasound. Adam and I took Lizzy with us as I knew how badly she wanted a baby sister. She was excited when Luke was born, but for the next couple of months afterwards if she would ever get too tired she would cry and say, "but I wanted a baby sister!". If it was a baby sister, I knew she would be thrilled and so excited. However, if it was a baby brother she had said she would be OK, but I wasn't so sure.

The first thing Lizzy asked the tech when we got in the room was, "Is it a baby sister?" It took a little bit to see as the tech said the baby was deep inside because my placenta was at the front. These were actually the worst ultrasound pictures I have had and that must be the reason. When the tech told Lizzy it was a girl, she was so excited and couldn't stop talking and jumping up and down the rest of the time.

After we were done looking inside, the tech asked Lizzy what she thought we should name the baby, she said, "well maybe we shouldn't name her Surprise!" We all laughed. The fact is, this little girl was a surprise for our family. We are happy (and maybe a little scared) that she is coming!

3 comments:

Jen Reil said...

So so excited for your family! Especially for Lizzy. Noe still prays everyday for a sister. I hope her prayers come true too, but if not I have a huge crush on all my boys =).

Nicole said...

Congratulations, Kay!! That is so exciting! How perfect: two girls and two boys. Good luck!

Cindy Robinson said...

she looks like James! I think Liz always knew she had a sister somewhere.