Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake the easy way

I go to a recipe group that is hosted every month. This month the theme was pumpkin vs. apple. I was going to take some pumpkin bread, but it didn't work out so I decided to adapt a recipe I had for a no-bake cheesecake and it turned out delicious so I thought I would share for all you pumpkin lovers out there. Best thing is that it is quick to make!

Filling
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 pt heavy whipping cream
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla

Crust
20 or so gingersnap cookies
3 T butter
2 T sugar

crust
put cookies in food processor. melt butter. combine with sugar and press into pie plate. bake 375 for 8-10min. cool

filling
whip cream with 1/4 c sugar. set aside
cream together cream cheese, pumpkin, spice, rest of sugar & vanilla for a few min. fold in whipped cream mixture. put in crust and top with a few gingersnap crumbs. refrigerate overnight.


I forgot to save a few crumbs for the top of the pie. oops!