Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Easter has been so much fun this year. We started off by doing a family home evening lesson on Easter so Lizzy would at least know what it was all about. Trying to describe death and the resurrection was very confusing to her Monday night. When it came to activity time to dye eggs all she could say is that we were going to dead eggs. Every morning she asks for a dead egg for breakfast. It at least gives me a good laugh!

We have also been doing a lot of egg hunts around the house. Man has it been raining!!!! THe kids love it though. James tires of it a lot faster than Liz, but is still a good sport.

Today was a beautiful Easter Sunday. Lizzy was so excited for the Easter bunny to come and she got to enjoy her to-full basket for a bit before we enjoyed watching conference all day. Afterwards we set up some egg hunts in the back yard. It was fun to watch the kids running for the eggs. Liz even told us we needed to do the hunt over becasue we made it too easy. Gotta love that girl!

4 comments:

Jen Chesnut said...

cute pics Kay! Happy Easter to you too! (I still remember our Easter with the gang at Ocean Shores!)

ej said...

Happy Easter! Love the pics- especially the one I'm gonna call James vs. Peeps, and Lizzy running and the two of them together, so pretty much all of them.

Kay said...

I just have to say I love the James vs peeps to. I honestly don't know how people eat them. adam made me buy them.

Nicole said...

Cute, cute pics! The first one of the two of them is way too adorable. Love Lizzy's sentiments. And that she'll still eat the eggs--sounds a little gruesome to me. :) I also love the peeps pic; man, he's devouring those things!!