Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Your baby is gonna be ginormous!

I have been to my ob weekly now for a few weeks and everything is always the same--baby's heartbeat sounds good, size feels good--feels like it has more room to grow in the uterus (I don't really think so as my ribs feel bruised!). Anyways, when I went this past week I heard the familiar baby's heartbeat sounds good, head down and then he was trying to measure the size of the baby and this is what my doctor says to me: "Wow--this ain't gonna be no 7lb baby! How big were your other 2?" I tell him they were 7 and 7 lb 11oz. He then says, "Well--this one is gonna trump them all and be big--be careful there-someone has to push this baby out!" I was needless to say a little shocked and couldn't believe that it had changed that much in a week. Then Dr. M checked my cervix and says, "Oh, the baby's head is higher than I thought--I don't think the baby will be that big." Thanks for the reassurance!

3 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

Don't you just love what Doctors say sometimes!
I didn't know you were having another baby!! How exciting!!

All my babies were in the 8lb range except the last 2 which were both 9lbs... Talk about giving birth to a small turkey!!

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Hope you are doing well!!

;)Rachel Berry
aka.. Merrill

Nicole said...

Wow great way to give you a good scare!!! My goodness, tell him to double check next time before he gives you a heart attack. :)

Jen Reil said...

Yeah, I love doctors, but sometimes they just talk trash. At 36 weeks my dr said Gavin's head was measuring the size of a 41 week baby. He said I'd have a 70% chance of having to have a c-section anyway, so we went ahead and scheduled it. When he was born he weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and had a tiny head. Ultrasounds are wonderful, but they're not perfectly accurate- ugh! Hope your pregnancy continues to go well and I can't wait to see your new little guy!!